SUPERVISING SOCIAL WORKERS
Unity Foster Care has been gaining a reputation as an agency which provides good support to its foster carers in an open and straightforward way. Due to this we are slowly growing and continually on the look out for qualified and experienced SSWs who may be thinking of a taking on a new challenge or looking for a change. Our practice is ethical and child focussed. So, if you feel like you’re at a cross roads and not sure of the direction you should take, we’d love to have an informal chat with you.
FREELANCE FORM F ASSESSORS
Due to our continued success in recruiting foster carers we are looking to increase our ‘pool’ of Form F Assessors, across the North East and Yorkshire regions to complete Form F assessments on potential foster carers.
We offer competitive fees of £1800.00 per-assessment, as well as mileage expenses. We also offer an additional bonus of £200 if you are able to complete an assessment within an agreed timeframe.
Our Form F Assessors receive ongoing support, supervision and opportunities for practice development.
To become a Form F Assessor, you’ll need:
• To be a qualified social worker
• At least three years’ post qualification experience of undertaking relevant assessment work, preferably fostering assessments.
• A good knowledge of the fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential.
• You will be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• You will need to be flexible and have the capability to use your initiative and work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met and to enable the smooth running of our agency.
• Be registered with HCPC
• To be on the DBS update service or willing to have a new DBS undertaken
• Have relevant insurances
• Have your own transport and be willing to travel
• You will be required to undertake statutory and company checks as part of the recruitment process.