JOB DESCRIPTION - PANEL MEMBER
To consider whether individuals and couples have the capabilities and skills to care for children and young people.
Unity Foster Care, First Floor 4340, Park Approach, Thorpe Park, Leeds. LS15 8GB.
Understanding of the purpose and function of a Fostering Panel. An awareness of the diverse range of foster families and their potential for meeting children’s needs. An appreciation of the effects of separation and loss on children and of child development
Experience and qualifications:
Panel members will have one or more of the following
Experience, either professionally, personally or both, of the placement of children in foster families or of children being cared for away from their birth family. An understanding of what constitutes a “good carer” and what constitutes a “good placement” for a child. A relevant professional qualification.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- The ability to read, process and analyse large amounts of complex and sometimes distressing information.
- The ability to make an assessment and to form a view, based on the written and verbal information presented to Panel, and the confidence to articulate this at Panel.
- The ability to work co-operatively as part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- The ability to use personal and/or professional knowledge and experience to contribute to discussions and decision making in a balanced and informed manner.
- Have a keen eye for detail.
- Have an excellent level of literacy and numeracy skills.
- Show a commitment to safeguarding and promoting welfare of children and young people.
- Show the upmost regard for confidentiality.
- Be available for at least four Panel meetings per year.
- A willingness to be reflective and open to continued learning and development.
Job description and responsibilities
- To read Panel papers thoroughly before the meeting.
- To attend Panel prepared to contribute to discussion and the making of a recommendation.
- To attend the Panels which have been agreed between yourself and the Agency promptly and on-time.
- To address diversity issues and promote anti-discriminatory practice.
- To maintain confidentiality of all Unity Foster Care information.
- To participate in induction and Panel training.
- To participate constructively in an annual appraisal of performance.
- To comply with Agency policy and procedure in relation to all matters.
Click here to apply or get more information.