Supervising Social Workers – Teesside/North East
We are looking for committed and dedicated Supervising Social Workers to join our teams based in the Teesside region! The area covered will include Darlington, Middlesbrough, Stockton on Tees, Hartlepool, and Redcar & Cleveland. There will be occasional travel to our Head Office in Leeds.
You must hold a Social Work Degree, or DipSW qualification; and have 3 years post qualifying experience. We offer a salary up to £37,000, based on experience, plus a car allowance, and out of hours allowance.
Main duties include:
- responsibility for delivery, quality and ensuring the Agency works towards the highest standards at all times.
- Liaising appropriately with placing authorities and other professional services to ensure a child's care plan is followed through.
- Undertake annual foster carer reviews and present to the Agency's fostering panel in accordance with policies and procedures.
- Manage a caseload of approved foster carers and foster carers going through the assessment process.
- Provide day to day support to foster carers
- Obtain and review feedback from foster carers and LAC regularly
- Participate in the matching process for potential placements and potential foster carers
- Participate in skills to foster training where appropriate and requested to do so by senior management
- Completion of Form F assessments where viable.
- Participation in the delivery of in-house training and foster carer support groups and forums.
- Participate in the out of hour's duty rota.
- Provide placement reports within the required timescales set out by your line manager
- Participate in collating evidence with your foster carers in order to complete the Training Standards Development portfolio
- Ensure all foster carers that you are responsible for, are adequately trained and have up to date training plans.
- Operate at all times according to Unity Foster Care’s policies and procedures.
- Keep and maintain appropriate records of all work undertaken. This includes recording on the CHARMS database, ensuring all correspondence between yourself and professionals and service users are recording efficiently and to a high standard.
- Go above and beyond for the children and the foster carers in the placements you are supervising.
- Be able to manage one's own time and be aware that flexible working hours will sometimes be essential.
- Attend supervision, team meetings and staff days and prepare adequately.
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance
- Be proactive in matters relating to child protection (Safeguarding), and health and safety.
- Report any concerns efficiently to you line manager or a senior manager.
- Be responsible for your own professional development.
- Be conversant with legislation in relation to confidentiality; specifically, GDPR.
- Assist with fostering events such as consultation and participation days.
Application deadline: 30th September 2021
Freelance Form F Assessors
Due to our continued success in recruiting foster carers we are looking to increase our ‘pool’ of Form F Assessors, across the Yorkshire and North East regions to complete Form F assessments on potential foster carers.
Our Form F Assessors receive ongoing support, supervision and opportunities for practice development.
To become a Form F Assessor, you’ll need:
• To be a qualified social worker
• At least three years post qualification experience of undertaking relevant assessment work, preferably fostering assessments
• A good knowledge of the fostering regulations, child care law and safeguarding issues is essential
• You will be able to demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills
• You will need to be flexible and have the capability to use your initiative and work under pressure to ensure deadlines are met and to enable the smooth running of our agency
• Be registered with Social Work England (SWE)
• To be on the DBS update service or willing to have a new DBS undertaken
• Have relevant insurances
• Have your own transport and be willing to travel
• You will be required to undertake statutory and company checks as part of the recruitment process
We offer competitive fees of £1800.00 per-assessment, as well as mileage expenses. We also offer an additional bonus of £200 if you are able to complete an assessment within an agreed timeframe.